Recent Posts

Sunday, June 13, 2010

never be sad

...if you have amazing friends who send you artwork and emails like this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__wgTdCCrfeY/TBWe7PnLvMI/AAAAAAAAGLs/_lTLE_Fmt-I/s1600/Picture+2.png
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__wgTdCCrfeY/TBWdDbi3i5I/AAAAAAAAGLc/7FmtYhrR8cU/s1600/Never_Be_Sad.jpg
Never Be Sad, 2009.
Alexis Anne Mackenzie.
beautiful hand cut collages
"The collages... are based on film titles from the giallo genre; composed primarily of botanical & biological elements, each piece leaves much to be discovered."

6 comments:

Kristin Hjellegjerde said...

How wonderful! It is beautifully made, and a great friend!

zyanna said...

this is awsome.

cerebral e said...

Wow! I love her work. I wish my friends would date artists, instead of all being single or dating nurses and doctors.

PS Miss MM

I do not think you are ungrateful. There is no suspicion of ingratitude. The care package was a prize! I do not expect anything in return (except to continue reading your lovely blog, whenever you post).

Don't be a silly billy!

e xxx

drollgirl said...

snicker at the email. and i love it!

Rackk and Ruin said...

If you don't mind i'm going to have to totally repost about Alexis's work! It is everything i love! I have been searching flea-markets and antique stores for biological illustrations for years but this is just insane!!

seesaw designs said...

amazing.