Recent Posts

Monday, November 21, 2011

I whip my hair back and forth

I can't imagine a more appropriate, "welcome back" post than one about Hair Whips.
Émilie Voirin has created a range of whips, shaving brushes and trinket boxes made of hair. These beautiful handmade pieces seem objectionable, yet enticingly smooth. I am not one for whips or even detached human hair for that matter. (Floor follicles at a hair salon always give me the dry heaves.) But these objects luster and playfully comment on our relationship with animal hair and traditional materials.

I pluck out any stray wiry gray hair I spot on my head, but I'm surprisingly drawn to this salt and pepper trinket box. Voirin’s designs are available from Mint in London.
As seen lusciously draped over a dining table, not unpalatable whatsoever.


cerebral e said...

Welcome back. lovely.

east side bride said...


Chrissy said...

i love the things you love.