Recent Posts

Monday, December 21, 2009

put on a happy face

Still staying positive!
[Put-on-a-Happy-Face.jpg]
source: love it or leave it; punks git cut

I've been a bit quiet lately due to the fact that my computer died and life is getting in the way of my normal routines. I am a creature of habit & routine so this sudden shift is slightly unsettling. For non jinxing reasons I will not bring up what's been getting in the way of my habitual interneting. All I'm going to say is that I am working on being considerably more optimistic about life. I'm nurturing a "YES I CAN" attitude for once. With this new forced outlook I have begun using some really random expressions and euphemisms. I actually said" gilding the lily" the other day. Really.

gild 1(gld)tr.v. gild·ed or gilt (glt), gild·ing, gilds
To give an often deceptively attractive or improved appearance to.
Idiom: gild the lily
1. To adorn unnecessarily something already beautiful.
2. To make superfluous additions to what is already complete.

If you're not accustomed to hearing random idioms on a daily basis like I am (2birds1stone, in the fold, turning a new leaf, play it by ear), you can always check out the Euphemism Generator. Although I have to warn you, these damn things have a way of sneaking into your lexicon.

This unique and colorful custom is referred to as

paddling the brakes.

Guess what I've been doing? That's right --

titillating the biscuits.


Needless to say, I promptly began

cancelling the perpetual flesh polka


0 comments: