Recent Posts

Friday, February 13, 2009

happy Friday and Valentines day weekend!

Valentines Day usually involves doing something cute and date-ish. If you have a chance this weekend I totally recommend watching Synedoche, New York.  It's not your typical date movie but it's pretty sweet and will certainly inspired conversation. 
surprisingly romantic
One of the lead characters, Adele is an artist who creates these impossibly tiny paintings. Of course I can't get these miniature works off my mind. 
If it's playing in your area I totally suggest seeing it right away. I'm shocked it's not being shown on a large scale national level. 

5 comments:

east side bride said...

This movie didn't do it for me. CK got so up inside his own head. I think he's better off when someone else directs. (See: Eternal Sunshine)

Awesomeallday said...

I saw this in Anaheim during the fires and had no idea what it was about walking into the theatres. I loved the burning house and PHS's understudy.

Joanna Goddard said...

oooh i can't wait to see it!

Baybay Mama said...

Is that Phyllip Seymour Hoffman? Love him.

Amanda said...

I'm in. Thanks for the tip!