Recent Posts

Thursday, October 1, 2009

wowmygod

Oh my god.
Sarah-Jane Lynagh.

I was just browsing through designboom and then, BOOM I spotted these ridiculous heart pounding out of my chest where have you been all my life photographs.
Why have I never come across Sarah's body of work? I can't stop staring at these. Not only do I love them, and wish I had shot these but I kinda feel like I would be great friends with someone as totally bonkers as her.
Dear darkness, won't you cover me again, 2008
Photographic Print; 90cm x 120cm

I could have easily posted all of her photos but I decided to feature this one. It's tripe! I use tripe as an adjective all the time. Never mind the fact that these are shot beautifully and they're repulsive yet striking...there's actually someone willing to pose with these discarded animal entrails. From experience I know shots like these aren't quick to compose. There's some serious dedication there. Ah, I love it.
Check out some of the retardo comments DB readers left:
  • "Sick!"
  • "Such grossness and unglam the image of designboom! PLEASE take this off!"
  • "ugly."
Reading comments like this gives me the yucks a million times more than the photos do. WTF do people want--all work to look like LeLove and COL material?

6 comments:

molly c said...

i think it's so funny when people post comments like that. . . it's like, c'mon guys, what is art if not totally crazy tripe-on-face photos.

erin@designcrisis said...

Reading the comments on design sites always depresses me. So provincial!

Anyhoo, love this image. Off to check out the rest of her work.

Hello Lindello said...

this is interesting. I'll have to check out more of her stuff. As far those comments go. Seriously, reading stuff like that makes my blood boil.

Amy said...

people are 'tards and have no open mind.

i dig it! looks like a brain swallowing her face, yet in a beautiful way...

wool and misc said...

we can recreate this and be even edgier. you be the photographer, and i'll be your subject. our photo will not only have tripe on face, but vomit down front of chest. hot.

Kitty Stampede said...

These are AMAZING. those duck ones are NUTTY. This is def up your alley...I love your alley.
I am so behind melodies...waaahhhh...