Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

nudes not prudes

I'm not sure If I've mentioned it here before but I grew up in one of those free naked houses. Not only were we not uptight about nudity and sexual conversation but my parents also decorated their home with naked lady art. Every where you turned there was bare flesh and boobies in paintings or sculpture form. Hell, they even had a few peen art pieces. Here is 6 year old me posing with "Angelica" their prized nuddy:
I'm not too sure if I'll ever pick up their aesthetic taste for bare skin but I think these exhibitionist pieces are pretty amusing:

Naked Print Dress by Vena Cava
I'm especially loving this caped dress first spotted on IsMental:


Bernhard Willhelm naked ladies dress
Creatures of Comfort

8 comments:

drollgirl said...

ha! lucky you! i grew up in the most uptight household EVER. we couldn't even wear shorts to the dinner table, as my dad said that was too much skin and inappropriate.

enough about me. nudity makes the world a better place, when done properly, like in this post!

glad you liked my post today. i FUCKING LOVE HER WORK and figured approximately 1% of those viewing it today would agree with me. congratulations on being that 1%. for some reason you just GET IT. and i am pretty fucking thrilled at that. :)

drollgirl said...

you are in fl, right? if i hear of any art dealers or galleries looking for help, i'll be sure to let you know.

p.s. i work for an art dealer in la, and we have a couple of dealers we work with in fl.

Kitty Stampede said...

ahhhh...Love this post!! Man, your parents sound like crazy art entusiasts! That must be where you get it from!! Love that cutie pic..what a beautiful painting.

My man-job is an artist and has belted out a a few charcoal nudies of moi...eeek,i'm a pretty shitty model tho..ahaha, i move around and scratch too much...haha. And I wasn't a fan of being in his portfolio that was looked at by family,etc...a touch awckward.

thanks for your sweety comments..its a tad stressful at the moment, i'll get through it. I just gotta keep my chin up and ride the waves..being negative and worked up over things is not gonna help matters at all. i have my moments though..heehee.

mylittlebecky said...

that is such a cute picture of you! i don't think i could pull off that dress :)

essbesee said...

that picture of you is so awesome.

kadler said...

Haha, really? That's so funny. I definitely did not grow up in a naked house... and I'm still a prude to this day!

That Vena Cava dress is hilarious though. Go for it!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Holy crap that picture of you with your family painting is hilarious! Love the mirrored wall behind it too. I'm not prudish, but I wouldn't want to see boobies at every turn.

GUGAW said...

rudey tshirts!!