Recent Posts

Saturday, September 19, 2009

must read: The Road

I just finished reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road and I'm totally shook. I ripped through this story in less than a week. It's definitely a must read. I've never been one for post apocalyptic tales but the gloom&doom sitting over slivers of hope was consuming. I can't wait to see the film next month.
All morning I've come across work that reminds me of scenes imagined in the novel.
Cameron Wittig: yazoo city
&
Taizo Yamamoto
shopping carts 2005-08

2 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

A friend of mine is a huge McCarthy fan. Looks so intriguiging, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to go down this dark road yet (no pun intended).

drollgirl said...

fuck that book KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLED ME. i was a wreck from it. i had trouble sleeping, and i bawled my fucking head off at a certain point. but it is a KILLLLLLLLLER book, and cormac is pretty much a fucking god in MY literary world.