Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

stag beetle riding boyfriend

I was pleasantly surprised when this bucking beetle elf duo became house guests yesterday.


I had been eying this vintage Japanese figuring at my favorite antique mall for a while now and my bf unexpectedly bought it for me. I had a major case of FML yesterday but it all went away when I spotted these guys waiting for me in the built in. Now, let me explain that I'm not normally one to flip over tchotchkes but seeing that I think my boyfriend is half gnome it was natural that I felt an affinity to this piece.
My case in point:

I whipped this up a few years ago to show him how I see him.
&
Now he's a little tougher by learning to ride beetles and growing a mustache:

4 comments:

Kitty Stampede said...

hahaha...so cute! What a nice lil' surprise!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2011/2128472299_29d214b93a.jpg?v=0

east side bride said...

Do I write "Yessssssssssss" on your blog too much?

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

O my god this is hilarious! What a freaky little figurine. I love stuff like this. Your boy looks quite manly riding that beetle.

New blog template looks great!

kadler said...

You might have the awesomest boyfriend ever.