Recent Posts

Monday, January 19, 2009

new clothing inspiration

I've been noticing an obvious shift in my clothing interests. I have been recently drawn to a more sophisticated yet playful style that is a mix of old school secretary, Victorian child and playful girlishness. I've been on the hunt for a cute vintage pair of saddle shoes and on Friday I won these oxford wingtips from Ebay.
An other recent acquisition is this rapscallion romper by Samantha Pleet for Urban Outfitters.
I've picked up a few other pieces from her spring and fall collections and I am in love!
Continuing with this new look inspiration: this grosgrain black bow headband from XXI has been making several appearances on my head lately. The one thing I do hope to avoid is resembling Lucy Van Pelt or Diane Arbus' grenade boy:
I tend to gravitate to somewhat precious and costume-y looks so I need to keep these images in mind as a point of reference.

4 comments:

porter hovey said...

That's really just too cute!!

JD said...

the urban outfitters is a SHIRT! lol

i'm only allowed to say that because i love everything else you post :)

east side bride said...

Never Lucy Van Pelt! But perhaps a tad Gossip Girl...?

wool and misc said...

what the eff! i keep discovering old posts of yours via the linkwithin widget with pics that i've recently posted. i hope you don't think i'm ripping you off!