Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

still an obsession: all things retro

I just discovered Retro Thing a great blog and resource for vintage gadgets and retro inspired technologies. I've been distracted all morning by post after post of interesting tidbits and products.

Southdale Center; the worlds first modern shopping mall
Dampfroboters; Strenco's German steam robot
Another sweet site that I just came across is Art Thang that offers a variety of meticulously restored items like vintage telephones from the 1920s through the 1960s.


Looking at all these lovely items inspired me to take a quick browsing trip on eBay. Now I'm tempted to pick up a little vintage stapler to class up my workspace:

1 comments:

Timja said...

When I was younger we hade telephones like that and it wasn't that long ago... early 90's, we are so old fashioned in Sweden ;). We had a lovely red one, but they are impossible to use now since you're always put on hold and have to press key's here and there.