Recent Posts

Sunday, August 16, 2009

alternative doorstop

One obvious sign that I'm in nesting mode is that I was shopping around for a door stop recently. People who rarely stay at home don't even bother with unnecessaries like tools to prevent doors from slamming shut. Well, I was and my boyfriend's beat up high school Shakespeare book as stopper was beginning to get on my nerves. When you want to enjoy a cross breeze you have to deal with the persistent slamming. Anywaysimobsessedwithhomepurchases, I happily came across this Schleuderball from Kwikshop and knew I had found the one. Although it wasn't the most pleasant thing to lug around in my tote while cycling through Berlin it was worth it.
Even though this rich leather ball will never be used for any German recreational sports it will be very appreciated.

I had originally debated on buying that nautical monkey fist knot stopper that's been circulating the blogs but spotting it in the uncommongoods catalog left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to say this piece isn't luscious but I just wasn't compelled.
If I were to go the nautical route I'd want something authentic with some memory in it.

6 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

Good choice! I love that leather one.

Kitty Stampede said...

cool!!!
I am so freaking obsessed with homestufftoo! i can't wait til we move to our own place so I can start hardcore shopping..we're staying at his mom's till we move to yet another province for school..a few more weeks to go and I can maybe feel officially married and start a nest..heehee.

Waxy said...

Those doorstops are great - although I can picture my stupid dogs trying to run off with one of them!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Dig the Schleuderball! I have schleuderball envy.

tiffany said...

the monkeysfist knot piece is handmade by a british 'knotting enthusiast in suffolk' if you get it from Labour and Wait. semi-authentic? i wanna get to know that enthusiast for sure...

me melodia said...

:D Yes, I think you should get to know this enthusiast and perhaps apprentice under them.
The natural rope sailor whisk brush from L&W has your name all over it.

ps. I miss you terribly.