Recent Posts

Monday, June 8, 2009

great find: Elena Volkova's scapes

I am absolutely in love with Elena Volkova's work. These ethereal nearly translucent scapes are so serene and peaceful. It's what comes to mind when I close my eyes and take a deep breath.
airscapes
seascapes
snowscapes
paperscapes
artist statement: My artistic curiosity lie in the interchange between nothing and something, and its manifestation in everyday reality...
I know from experience that balancing whites and grays are very difficult. Simple photographs like these are the among the most difficult to execute.

3 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Love the sort of barely there almost nothingness quality of these. As you said, very hard to capture!

umama said...

So slight as to be barely noticed... but what a conversation piece!

Hello Lindello said...

Wow, I love these. Thanks for sharing. I want to fill a wall with these and look at them all day.