Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

underwater

I love that I stumbled upon Melissa Furness and her Baths Series today. I really like her playful abstract style. Her paintings have so much life in them. I hope my day doesn't end up looking like these scenes though.
I'm concerned my apartment will be underwater this evening. Anyone who's ever lived on South Beach knows it gets completely submerged when heavy rains come. A few weeks ago we were knee deep in stank sewer water and I was stuck in bridge traffic for several hours due to the flooding. I picture myself swimming home with a crowd of 9-5ers. Check out our soggy forecast:

7 comments:

drollgirl said...

well i love the paintings!

and i sure hope your place is not waterlogged when you get home. HORRORS!!

suzanne cabrera said...

Love these. The pixelated quality is so nice. Glad to hear no swim caps were needed!

wool and misc said...

ack! sending sunshine your way!

xoxoxo

Heist said...

omg...love these!

April said...

Kinda like when we were knee-deep in the Winn-Dixie parking lot...fun times! And welcome back from the Bahamas! I love checking your blog every once in a while because you have the finest taste in art and your writing makes me smile.

Meg said...

I hate swimming but I adore these paintings, the people look like floating lights in the fifth picture and I like the depth of the colour in the first. Wonderful!

Kitty Stampede said...

these are unbelievable...holy schmoles. its been a sogfest here for a week too...i miss sunshine.

not related at all but...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jobee59/2202813430/