Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

inspiration: clean, classic, american

I recently had a conversation with my manpiece regarding khakis. He's a jeans guy but I would love to see him wear khaki pants as well as JFK. I think it's pretty difficult to pull off this look without coming across as a DB nowadays. When it works, it works though. I have been storing these shots of John&Jacky in my inspiration folder for a while now. I just want a tiny bit of their effortlessly cool sexy magic. A.C.O.J's reposted khaki roundup reminded me how refreshing clean crisp Americana can be.

resources: LIFE's Preppy Summer Vacation slideshow, Paul Newman's perfect pant length,the rules/details on khakis, Vintage Menswear Illustrations, remember this cheesy gap ad?

5 comments:

Christina said...

I love them!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
east side bride said...

Khakis are tough, man. Only the born-and-bred preppies can pull them off...

But when they work they WORK.

Kitty Stampede said...

MANPIECE!!! ahahahaha...love that one.

mmmm...sexy effortless magic..my man-rod wore a dark grey dress shirt that i orginally bought him for a wedding, he paired it with dark jeans yesterday and i was vavavoom at him all day...he usually wears funny tshirts and jeans...so it spiced it up a bit.
khakis...i don't think he could pull off but i'd love to see it.

kadler said...

Haha, manpiece? Love it.