Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

inspiration: mondongo

The Argentine art collective Mondongo inspires me. Their highly tactile pieces don't inspire me to actually create anything by hand, but looking at this work encourages me to get off my lazy ass and start focusing on my real job so that I can one day afford to buy a piece.
I've seen a few pieces IRL and they're awe inspiring and slight folkish. They create these large scale fantasies by collaging feathers, cotton thread, plasticine, hair, freeze-dried slabs of meat and biscuits. As unsettling as it sounds, their work still manages to be reminiscent and beautiful.

7 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Goodness-gracious...interesting mediums & visually very exciting! ~Great week to you!!

Kitty Stampede said...

OMigod...sooo amazing! I LOVE the kittie heads...captured perfectly, what a nice find...not sure about the slabs of meat though, stinky?

karly / design crisis said...

shutup! shutup! shutup! shutup!

Rackk and Ruin said...

those little red riding hood pieces are seriously going to give me nightmares tonight! talk about freakyyyyy

Carol Jeandel said...

it`s unique :)

Ape said...

I TOTALLY SAW THEIR WORK IN BUENOS AIRES IN '06 - it was all portraits of people (they have one of che) made of "materials" that relate to them. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT AND AM SOOOOO GLAD YOU PUT THEIR WORK ON YOUR BLOG BC I TOTALLY FORGOT THEIR NAME!!!!

rony @ catbird said...

AMAZING!!! wow.