Recent Posts

Thursday, May 14, 2009

cheers: sweet local farm

My pals Karen and Luke have recently purchased a home and farm land in an attempt to follow their dreams and return to their roots. When I first heard of this I was absolutely psyched for them and slightly envious. Now after checking out their website I am wondering if it's possible to die of jealousy. I am so happy for them and I can't wait to keep up with sweet local farm.

"Sweet Local Farm is the three acre homestead located in Western Massachusetts. Sweet Local Farm is an idea as much as it is a place. It is is our response to growing up in the suburbs, moving to the city, but having this nagging feeling that there was a better way to live. As children of the 1980’s and 90’s, we are a generation raised on processed foods. Inspired by the modern local food movement, we planted a garden in our small urban yard. We enjoyed the fresh, affordable, sustainable food so much that we wanted grow food on a larger scale."
Here are a few shots of them getting their farming on:
I want to place these two in a sandwich and eat them up.

Karen is too fucking cute for words.

seedlings!

earth and home

6 comments:

Aubrey Longley-Cook said...

Sweet! This has always been a dream of mine as well.

Heist said...

I might just die of jealously right now. I'm glad you found pics...I only spread the gossip, I don't have the proof! ;)

young said...

That looks amazing. I would love to do this one day as well, and my man has already started a veggie garden so I guess one day it could be possible! Farm life is cool as.

Kitty Stampede said...

awww..that is so awesome. the best times of my life were spent on my grandparents farm. i would love to do that for a living.
i completely adore small time farms!!

sweetlocal said...

thanks so much! im psyched to find your blog too. hope all is well down in florida. you wont be envious of us in january. that's when we will come visit you!

me melodia said...

Hey my lil farm pals! You should definitely plan a trip to south beach when those arctic winds begin blowin. We welcome snow birds!