Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

inspiration: Joachim Froese

I just came across the work of Australia based artist Joachim Froese and my head is spinning. I haven't had such an urge to shoot since I can't remember when. Looking at these gorgeous triptychs has me longing for my 4x5 camera. Her images are stunning and the motives behind each project seem authentic and sincere. My favorite triptych photographer is still former MassArt professor David Hilliard but Joachim's work is closer to my personal aesthetic and approach to still life.
written in the past 11, 2007, 3 archival pigment inkjet prints, 45 x 115
written in the past 1, 2007, 3 archival pigment inkjet prints, 45 x 115
Portrait of my Mother (detail), 2006, 3 archival inkjet prints, 90 x 35
Rhopography 23, 2002, 3 Silver Gelatin Prints, 36 x 86 cm
Portrait of my Mother (detail), 2006, 3 archival inkjet prints, 90 x 35

I'll certainly keep you posted if I do decided to dust off the old field camera and satisfy this urge.

2 comments:

Heist said...

DO IT! I need my Melodia to be inspired again!!

Kitty Stampede said...

These are superdidupes...especially the fish heads..actually I think my favorite is the rice falling onto the board..i think its rice, i dunno...very nice!
And yes dust that baby off..please do!